From '90s grunge to '70s flower child-inspired looks, these are the iconic makeup trends that deserve a chance to shine today.
1. Red lipstick first became popular thanks to stars like Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly. The fiery hue is still seen out and about today, but I'm all for it making a comeback on an everyday basis.
2. Add extra mascara to the outer corners to get the Marilyn Monroe look.
The '60s: 3. Let's bring back Twiggy-style lashes. The look involves heaps and heaps of mascara, especially on the bottom lash line. The iconic model first made this look popular in the '60s, and it's oh so cool.
4. You can also add false lashes to the bottom for an extra dramatic effect.
5. This era is now synonymous with swooping eyeliner, high arching eyeshadow, and pearlescent lip gloss. The '70s was the true start of the fun retro-style makeup as seen on Jane Fonda.
6. Seen here on Farrah Fawcett, the smudged mascara and gray rounded eyeshadow was a signature look in the '70s. Don't forget the feathered hair, too.
7. Opera singer Martina Arroyo went for a bold look with thick eyeliner, arched brows, and coiffed hair accessorized with a velvet headband.
Look through the rest of the throwback makeup looks on Buzzfeed.